Looking for an ethical, experienced, well-rounded supervisor who will prepare you for the counseling world.
A. Consider choosing R. Keith Franklin, PhD, LPC-S, ACS
- Over two decade’s worth of counseling experience in a variety of settings and as a professional counselor
- II have a group practice for LPC Associates (eligible) to attain clinical experience. You would be on a contract basis and NOT an employee. would be your clinical supervisor; we would for four hours per month per the Texas Administrative Code guidance. I will consult with you regarding marketing, networking, and referrals, but associates share a collaborative responsibility for these items.
- Whenever possible, I issue site and client survey’s for feedback where the associateship is taking place.
- When possible, I review the associate’s case notes to improve documentation and to monitor ethical compliance.
- I am dedicated to providing the associate with real-world counseling advice on topics such as, dealing with subpoenas, possible ethical & legal issues that may arise in practice, issues to consider when practicing in inpatient settings, private practice, and for-profits/non-profits, how to do a thorough initial evaluation, giving a diagnosis and cautions that are associated with certain diagnoses, how to become an insurance provider, how to fill out insurance paperwork, and how to network and market yourself as a counselor.
- I counsel and supervise from an clinical and educational perspective while using a variety of theories, including cognitive-behavioral and family systems, etc. I see supervision as a collaborative effort and that associates are treated as post-graduate professionals.
- My flat supervision fee includes four supervisions per month. There is no fee for the initial meeting with me and the Associate does not start to pay the supervision fee until the Associate has received his/her license.
- LPC Supervision Interest Link (click here)